A prelude to Self Unfoldment Class in the Lansing Balvihar

Dear All,

Welcome to this blog on the book "Self Unfoldment" by Swami Chinmayananda. The purpose of this blog is to provide an interactive forum for interactions for the Lansing Balvihar class for Self Unfoldment. As its instructor, I will be sharing my ideas on this forum, and certainly want more people to interact so we all can learn from it. Clearly, "Self unfoldment" is a two way process. As the student unfolds, the teacher (who is also a student) is still unfolding. It is like an onion that we keep peeling away, until there is nothing left to peel, but that !

As the name suggests, the book is really about unfolding the self. The book walks us through a step by step process into unfolding our inner world with the objective of knowing our true self -- hence the beautiful name (Self unfoldment).

As we go through the various modules, I will be posting some of my thoughts on this blog. Sometimes, we can even edit some of the writings on this blog to reflect some of the views.

Personally, I have been very inspired by Swami Shantananda's lectures. He is currently the resident acharya of the chinmaya mission in New Jersey

Here is his bio and profile:
http://www.chinmaya.org/acharya.php?id=24

His incredible poise and delivery has left an important mark on me on bringing -- some -- clarity on the vedantic teachings. I would encourage all of us to continue to the cycle of sharavanam-mananam-nidhidyasam to work towards unfoldment of the self.  This is one of my most important learnings from his talks.

Here is the mission link:
http://www.chinmayavrindavan.org/

Please download the talks from the website. If you have itunes podcasts, please consider listening to him.

As I work on this blog, any mistakes are mine, and reflect my lacunae in learning and have no bearing on the wonderful Swami Shantananda or the teachings of Swami Chinmayananda in his book. Please feel free to write to me at ssriram74 - at - gmail - dot - com. I am happy to have a dialouge and learn from you.


Hari OM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 4 - Balance

Chapter 5 - BMI (Body, Mind and Intellect)

Chapter 1 - Self Unfoldment - Freedom